Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Tina

I know it's been awhile since we've posted, mostly for lack of anything really interesting to say. The only news is the recent addition to our family, the goldfish Tina. We brought home about 12 goldfish from Dad's office halloween party. I keep a small goldfish bowl and some food in a cupboard for just such occasions. For some reason Jody took a real interest in them, even researching them on the internet to know how best to care for them. The week following the party it wasn't unusual to hear "Noooo!" from the other room, and we all quickly learned it meant another fish had not made it. Well, one single survivor was left and Jody declared that it had lived long enough to give it a name- Tina. The other day I was waiting for Jody out in the car and after awhile I came in to find him. He looked so distraught and said "Angela, we have a problem". It seems the fish had gone down the drain while he was changing the water. Jody could see it but didn't know what to do. I actually had to stick my hand down the disposal (gross) and scoop it out (even grosser). Well, Tina survived. She now has a new small aquarium with fake plants and everything. Why Tina you ask? Every time Jody feeds the fish he says "Tina, eat the food. Eat the food!!!". It hasn't got old yet. We laugh everytime he says it. I guess a fish is better than the two dogs, two birds, or the pot belly pig Jody has brought home throughout the years! We love all of you and miss everyone that's away.

4 comments:

Amy Petersen Coaching said...

You Petersen's sure know how to write funny stories. I love it. Did you hear we get to come home for Christmas? My dear sister Mindy sold her house for quite a profit and decided to put down a deposit on their future orthodontic care and is paying for us to fly home. There is a tiny airline that flys out of Illinois just across the border from here to Las Vegas only and we got quite the deal. We are going to rent a car and drive from Las Vegas to Gilbert. The whole trip will probably take about the time it took to drive from San Francisco to there. We are super excited but we are keeping it a secret from the kids. It is going to be their main present. Whoo hoo! We can't wait to see everybody.--Amy

Ang said...

I can't believe you are coming! That will be so fun for the kids and for us. What an awesome surprise. You'll get to meet Tina. Lucky you!

Don and Amy Bennion said...

Did Jody bring home the pot belly pig to your house, or was that before you were married? I don't remember that one...but it sounds just like Jody! Hilarious. I am glad Tina is thriving.
Amy

Don and Amy Bennion said...

Did Jody bring home the pot belly pig to your house, or was that before you were married? I don't remember that one...but it sounds just like Jody! Hilarious. I am glad Tina is thriving.
Amy