Sunday, November 13, 2005
Installment Two
As I sit down and put pen to paper, I stop, I need to type or there is no way you will ever read this. I thought of so many funny things to say, but I posted this already, so I couldn't include them. It was fun to have Mom and Dad here this week. Dad tried to get me to quit school and go into day trading. That would be a bad idea unless I could get someone to give me some money to trade with. Hmmm who could I ask. I wanted to share some of my other memories of growing up. I remember breaking my arm, Angela's rabbit being torn through a 1.5" x 1.5" hole, a flooded basement that cost me my savings, doing a 180 on the freeway offramp, hitting the gas and not the brake, Andrew throwing my super cliffhanger's racetrack against the wall, Andrew pulling out the antenna on my remote control car, running into Aaron's wheelhouse pillow swing and being slammed against the wall- and wanting to do it again, shoveling manure, moving the woodpile 4, no 5, no 6, like 25 times, weeding the flowers dad just planted, the 8-ball flying slow motion into the television, eating beets, throwing them up, rounding the corner and seeing dad picking up piano keys off the road, trying to flavor my broccolli soup with peppermint extract, wearing 4 pairs of underwear and 3 pairs of levis for when dad got home, that's about it. Enjoy your week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Alan-I've read your post 4, no 5, no 6, like 25 times, and unlike moving the wood pile, this is fun. Funny. Hilarious. Thanks for a quick trip down memory lane.
sometimes i think that i consider myself one fo those "can whip up anything with anything" kind of bakers, but the other day when i tried to save a disgusting sugar cookie frosting by putting vanilla, peppermint, and a touch of maple extracts into the mixture, it hit me.....
Post a Comment