Saturday, November 19, 2005

Smoking a Turkey?

Okay dad, I thought this might get to you easier if I posted on the family site. Most poultry is smoked with sweet light woods. I suggest apple or peach. Look at the following websites for more specific information. If you have any questions, call me.
http://bbq.about.com/od/turkey/a/aa112297a_2.htm
http://bbq.about.com/cs/turkey/a/aa110103a.htm
http://bbq.about.com/od/brinerecipes/r/bl71122a.htm
I am going to add some brown sugar and honey or maybe molasses for a sweeter flavor. However, that is at your discretion when you brine. Remember to get lump charcoal. I might have left some there. You can get a large bag at Safeway. As for the wood, there is a place down by Wallace theaters that sells wood chunks. Too bad you got rid of those peach trees.

On another note, yesterday I saw the patient in which I placed the implant. Everything is looking great, and we loaded it. It looks like I will get to place a few more in the next couple months.

No comments: