Wednesday, November 02, 2005

House on Country Plaza

Hey everyone-
Craig & Dondea Merrill have sold their house and she called Joan to see if I would want to walk through it. I went over there and what a flood of memories. Of course it is really different-she's built walls in front of doors and closed off hallways, but I could remember what it used to be like. The big orange playroom that we built so many forts in doesn't seem as big now that I'm older. Remember the shiny gold wall paper? That whole room is a kitchen now with an arch leading from the family room to there. The old kitchen is a little sitting room and the covered room that used to be behind the kitchen and family room is now open to the house. I guess Aaron has probably seen it like this. The garage is a big bathroom, storage room and bedroom. I got to see our old bedrooms. Remember when the back room was a food storage room and the shelves tipped over and there was jelly and other messes all over the floor? Also the dressing room off of Mom & Dad's room brought back memories. There is that step down to get into it and the closet had that fake wall that Dad's gun cabinet was in. I always thought that was so cool that we had a secret wall! Dad loved to hear the birds right outside his bedroom window. Looking at the back yard and the pasture that was once full of goats, chickens and usually a calf made me want to go back and play Annie Annie Over, or a game of baseball with koolaid when we were done, or run over the berms to see who could play, or start a game of war between our treehouse and the Packer's fort. I know it was only six years, but it is the bulk of my early childhood memories. It was fun to go there. I love my memories there with my awesome family. I love you guys. Ang

1 comment:

Don and Amy Bennion said...

I wish I could remember the house better, but I remember it a little. I didn't remember the fake wall/gun cabinet at all--that is really cool! Probably alot of what I remember from the outside is just watching my older brothers and sisters play war and all else you guys used to play, and me running around with Mark Peterson and Katie White. How fun that you got to go walk through it Ang. Love you!
Amy