Sunday, September 03, 2006

Konichiwa

Hajimemashte. Watashiwa Bennion Amy tomoishimas.

This is the first phrase of Japanese I learned today. I am not sure on spelling cause I just listened to the CD, but it should say, Pleased to meet you. I am Amy Bennion. Swift, eh?

Yes, Don and Will and I are going to Japan for a month. Don is actually on his way there right now, and Will and I will go join him on Saturday, after our passports come back. The nice thing is, they are flying Don back to meet me in San Francisco so I don't have to do a 10 hour flight by myself with William. We'll get to see Aric and Jessica for a while during the layover, too, so that will be very fun. I do feel a bad that Don will practically be flying for 20 hours straight, but not bad enough to want to fly alone with William! :)

We'll try to post some fun pictures. I'd love to hear any advice before I travel out of the country for the first time in my life! I am nervous, but really excited. I mean, I've never even imagined going to Japan of all places!

One fun story I thought you all would like. I've already told some of you, but this is from a little boy in our Primary class, 5 years old, and he reminds me of Mark a little. We were singing Popcorn popping on the Apricot tree a couple of weeks ago. He turns to Don and me and said "I feel deep inside of me that this song is millions and millions of years old." We can't stop laughing about it. This is the cutest little kid, really smart. We have a blast in our calling.

Well, love you all. Talk to you soon. Sayonara (I think that means goodbye in Japanese?!)
Amy

1 comment:

Amy Petersen Coaching said...

This is obviously for work right? How much is Don going to be working while you are there? Where are you going in Japan? Are you going to be able to travel while you are there? I could get some must see places from my sister-in-law who is from Japan if you would like. Have an amazing time.
Amy