Sorry for the late post, but you were over here late on Thursday and Friday night, and I'm sure I have a good excuse for Saturday, and here we are today. So, although it's late, I wanted to make sure and blog a few good memories.
First, I am trying to teach Braelyn what I should have figured out way sooner, and that is don't be such a boss to your younger brothers when you're babysitting. It usually turns out badly for all involved. For example, you might get chased with a big red plastic bat that was being wielded with such force it actually made a hole in the door that you barely managed to get shut before said bat was swung.
Secondly, I learned that it's really just easier to come home on time. One usually learns these things from watching older brothers and sisters, but you were kind enough to take the heat so that I could figure this out without numerous groundings to let the lesson sink in.
Thirdly, I learned (again from a younger sibling) that going with a hair cut that mom and dad don't approve of will not start your summer off on the right foot. Consequently, through my rebellious, wild teenage years I never did anything crazy with my hair.
Quick memories:
*Watching Andrew in Oklahoma. You were really good and I was proud of you.
*I'm glad you followed the path I did in high school and endured some of the less fun things that came with choir so that you could enjoy the awesome moments as well. Also, BYU Hawaii, that was awesome.
*Being chased by not only bats, but rakes and other various yard tools (again, the bossy thing)
*Playing games together when we were little.
*Road trips with Alan and Andrew were always fun. Sometimes I felt pulled between wanting to be mature and hang out with Aaron, or be silly and laugh with the boys. (Not that Aaron wasn't fun, I was just under the pressure to think of intelligent things to say)
*Being afraid that Andrew was lost forever, only to find him hiding in the trough with Adam White (by the way, that really grossed me out)
*You are an awesome Dad to your girls, and I'm sure you will be to your son. I love how you get down and play with them and really take time to listen to them. You are a great example.
Well, I'm sure I could go on and on as I have evidenced before, but I will refrain. I am excited that you and your family will be here soon. I really like that we were friends when we were little, and now that we're adults we're even better friends. I love you. Happy Birthday.
Sunday, May 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment