Ok, maybe it was a preparative stance. You probably understood that you would have little time in your life for any unnecessary item. Think of all the time you would have saved if everyone addressed you with the one syllable version of your name. If you would like, I will get everyone to start now. If they won't do it, I will then ask them if they would like their childs teeth tipped to the left or the right. That usually gets quick cooperation. Oh yeah, I will now take this time to tell you about my trip to Vegas with Mom and Dad. I spent about an hour over at the massage chairs with Dad. He really enjoyed the relaxation and said they were great. He was ready to pull the trigger, then he backed down. We'll get you there someday dad. If you ever come over to my house and ask one of my kids to rub a painful bur on your foot, I will buy you a chair myself.
Happy birthday Angela. I would be remiss, no downright rude if I did not just mention that Wisconsin is in and of itself a state. I know, you had just woken up. Wow, 32 years old and 6 kids. There are only 6 right? I can't spend too much time as I have a test to study for. That is the truth. Angela took Jeremy and me to 7-eleven more times than I walked there. Angela could put two and two toghether faster than Chuck Woolery. I remember one summer staying up late with Angela most nights watching Magnum PI. She couldn't get enough of the tall dark and handsome. I couldn't get enough of Higgins' forehead. Well, at least we know why she fell for Jody. I love you, and I hope the day has gone well.
Alan
Sunday, May 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Alan, what reference am I searching for? There are the obvious ones, i.e. one syllable name, Wisconsin is a state(by the way, it's true. I had just woken up and after having been dragged across the United States in a Suburban with 8 other people, tell me how many of us were really thinking very clearly?). I had forgotten about watching Magnum P.I. late at night. I always did like Tom Selleck. Chuck Woolery, is that what I missed? I'm afraid I may have let you down. Please let me know if I have missed a clever reference to something that I should be getting. Also, pretty creative title. Good luck on your test. Love, Ang
For those who missed it, the reference to Chuck has to do with the Love Connection. He always went to commercial saying we'll be back in 2 and 2 meaning two minutes two seconds. He held up two fingers and then turned his hand around. Sorry to those who did not get it.
I actually did know that, but I wasn't sure if you were trying to compliment me, or just say something funny. I guess it was say something funny. I thought it might be an obscure reference to my intelligence ( or lack thereof). Anyway, as always, good post.
Post a Comment