Monday, April 14, 2008

Spring in Denmark

William is IN LOVE with his new dollar store sunglasses. Doesn't he look happening?
Spring is coming in Denmark! Yea! I know you all won't believe this, but the other day I took the boys to the park. We kept our hats and jackets on, but were very comfortably warm playing outside for about 2 hours. I came home and checked the temperature...it was only 45 degrees outside! I can't believe I thought 45 degrees felt warm. I thought I only had Arizona blood inside of me, but it looks like the Danish Petersen blood is showing through. You can see Burke's handiwork of all the petals he'd pulled off that flower, littered on the ground. We've got to keep him away from the flowers!
This is a picture from a geneology trip we took with Don's parents two weeks ago. This was actually a detour we took to see this famous point in a town called Skagen where every house and business and building is painted yellow. This picture is where two bodies of water, the Baltic Sea and the North Sea, meet in a point. It was kind of cool to see the waves coming in towards eachother and meeting up.

Easting the Easter goods. I bought the only actual Easter candy they had, stuff that was shaped like eggs and bunnies. I didn't even think about what kind of chocolate it was. Later I realized it was the really good, expensive chocolate, like Lindor and whatever else. My kids better not get used to this, because when we get back to the states, we are going back to the Hershey's!

And for those that haven't heard--we are expecting a baby in October, around the 21st! These Danes are going to think I'm crazy having three kids so close. They space theirs out by three or four years usually. Anyway, sorry I couldn't tell you all in person, but we hope you check this, or hear somehow. We love you all and miss you!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Alex said...

WAY TO GO GUYS!!!!
October is a Great month.
I can;t believe you're having a Euro baby- how fantastic.

We love and miss you!!

a & b

Amy Petersen Coaching said...

YEAH Amy!!! All you pregnant girls just may start another epidemic. I am not announcing anything though. Isn't spring magical? That is one thing I am really missing about St. Louis. That and my own house. We got bad news about the house we put an offer on but we are back on the hunt with a vengeance. There is no stopping me now. Congratulations Amy and Don.

Amy

Jess said...

Congrats again. That is so exciting that your baby will be danish! Its weird that you'll have to apply for its US citizenship?! Your boys are big and adorable. Tallon says "COOL GLASSES WILLIAM!"