I imagine you are all wondering what that title refers to. Quite frankly, I'm not sure, but I will reason it out as I type. I forgot Aaron's birthday yesterday. I read Amy's post and I began to conjure up memories of Aaron. I am anxious to know how the training is continuing. I remember Aaron telling us how he trained himself to dream (reason) about his questions and have the answers when he woke up. I ran from him many times, an effort that usually resulted in my being pinned down and tortured (Indian rub burns, wedgies, wet willy's). However, I also remember Aaron defending Andrew and I by getting our money back from Aaron White when he taught us a new game. I remember him staying after football practice to watch me play in junior high (we played our last game at the high school). Though the memory is a little fuzzy, I remember one night that Aaron was left home to watch us. I was about 14 at the time, and Andrew and I had been given a job to do- I think it was the boys bathroom. Andrew and I had split the work, and I proceeded to do my half quickly because I was going to go to Ben's house or something. I was ready to go and Aaron came to check our work. Andrew had not completed his half, so I was not permitted to go. An argument ensued, and I got all worked up. Aaron told me that the job was given to both of us and until it was done, we were still both responsible. After about twenty minutes, Ben came over with Bob or Peggy to pick me up, but I was all puffy eyed and embarrassed. Aaron came and put his arm around me and told me he was sorry for getting me so upset. He said he didn't want me to have a bad night, to forget about it and have a good time playing with Ben. I don't remember if I had to help finish cleaning the bathroom, but I knew Aaron was right. I had a good time that night. Aaron picked me up at the hospital after I broke my leg. He actually showed up in the beast, so I wouldn't call that a feather in his cap. Thank you for being a good example. Happy 34th Birthday. Well, I didn't reason out much, but a fact is a fact- I'm retarded.
Alan
Monday, January 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment