Well, it has come to the time of year when the graduating class here is getting ready to leave. I have made some good friends, but I must take my rightful place at the top. It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I have one of those invisible shocking fences, so good luck. Anyway, we had our friends over for dinner tonight. I helped them pack their truck for a few hours, and we thought it might be nice for them to be able to sit down and have a home cooked meal with utensils etc. I promised them another delicious barbecue chicken meal. They think it's the best chicken, and they're probably right. I had timed everything (because that's what I do) to be done on time. I lit the charcoal, allowed time to burn down, and then placed the chicken on the grill. I then had what we in the barbecue world affectionately call a "flamey". Needless to say, I asked, "What?" as in what did I do to deserve this? Within a few seconds, Amy came outside to see what was the matter. Apparently, I exclaimed this to the entire neighborhood. She was concerned, probably one of those image things again. Boy have I got a lot to learn. The chicken turned out OK. No, who am I kidding? It was delicious.
I left school a little early today to help my buddy pack. We had a lecture from a guy who mistakenly thought I cared where he went on vacation last year. He also thought I was listening fifteen minutes later when the actual meat and potatoes began. Again, mistaken, for it was only the top of my head he did see. He went off on facial asymmetry, I went off on why they chose the always loveable Mark Linn-Baker to play Balki's cousin Larry Appleton in the late 80s hit Perfect Strangers. Oh the hijinks those two got into. Did you know that this show enjoyed 150 episodes spanning more than seven years? Anyway, two minds diverged in the lecture hall, and that is what made all the difference.
I am looking forward to spending some time with you all in Arizona. I can't wait to see the palm trees with Christmas lights. To close, I would also like to tell you that Amy keeps washing my shirts in hot water, and they are getting smaller. Some of my classic "blood donation" shirts barely reach the top of my pants now. Amy says I need new shirts, but they remind me of what I have eaten, and that feels good.
Later.
Friday, November 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You always make me laugh. We can't wait to see you in a few weeks.
Love, Ang
I always did love the show Perfect Strangers...in fact, I own all 7 seasons on DVD if anyone ever wants to borrow them. I am glad to hear you're a fan also, Alan.
Wish I could try some of your meat. I still don't think I've ever had the real taste, just leftovers, which were delicious in themselves. We keep missing each other in our visits to AZ, I hate it.
Congrats on being the "top dog" now. Thanks for the laugh.
Amy
"Here's lookin at you babe", and "You don't care about anyone but yourself" She always laughs but then i have to tell her who it is... He's teaching me to change my instincts, or atleast ignore them. We consider ourselves bicoastal, if you consider the mississippi river one of the coasts. That's for all y'all. Dybbyck Shmybbyck, I Said More Ham! Ther's to many for now but i will tell you this i'm planning a very breezy trip to the Bahamanian islands.
Post a Comment